Marinko Koščec was born in 1967 in Zagreb.
- 1992: B.A. of English and French language and literature at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Zagreb
- 1995: M. A. in literature at the University of Paris VII, France (le Diplôme des Etudes Approfondies) ; a study on "Figuration du non-dit dans le roman contemporain"
- 2005: Ph.D. in literature with the thesis on the French writer Michel Houellebecq at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Zagreb
- from 2008: part-time editor in the publishing house SysPrint, Zagreb (so far edited about 30 novels and collections of short stories)
- part-time teaches novel writing ; in the Creative Writing Centre (CeKaPe), Zagreb since 2009 and in the Home of Creative Writing (KKP), Split since 2012